Worldwide Shipping

Excellent Reviews On Trustpilot

We've Been Trading Since 1973

Puppy Feeder – 9 Things to not feed your puppy

9 Things You Should Not Feed Your Dog

Puppy Feeder


A Puppy Feeder for a mans best friend. They are loving, loyal, and always happy to see you. They also make great pets because they are so easy to take care of. All you need to do is ensure they have plenty of food, water, toys, and love, and they will be happy. However, there are some things you should never feed your dog, no matter how much they beg for it. Here are ten things you should never give your dog.

Avocados should not be put in your Puppy Feeder

Avocados are a healthy and delicious fruit that many people enjoy. However, avocado seeds, leaves, and skin can harm dogs. The toxin, called persin, can cause gastrointestinal illness in dogs. Symptoms of avocado toxicity include vomiting, diarrhoea, and abdominal pain. In severe cases, avocado toxicity can lead to respiratory distress and death. Contact your veterinarian immediately if you suspect your dog has eaten an avocado. Never feed avocados to your dog, and keep them away from areas where your dog has access to them.


Chocolate is a beloved treat for humans but can be dangerous for dogs. Theobromine, a stimulant found in chocolate, can cause vomiting, diarrhoea, and even death in dogs. Theobromine is not harmful to humans in small quantities, but because dogs metabolize it more slowly than we do, it can build up to toxic levels in their system. And while dark chocolate has higher levels of theobromine than milk chocolate, even a tiny amount of any chocolate can be dangerous for a dog. So if you’re looking to share a special treat with your furry friend, reach for something safe for them to eat – like a doggy biscuit.

Salt should not be put in your Puppy Feeder

It’s no secret that salt is bad for dogs. Feeding your dog salt can be dangerous and even deadly. Salt can cause dehydration and electrolyte imbalances, leading to seizures, kidney failure, and death. Even a tiny amount of salt can harm your dog, so it’s best to avoid feeding them any at all. If you think your dog has eaten salt, contact your veterinarian immediately. They will likely need to be hospitalized and monitored closely for symptoms. In the meantime, give them plenty of fresh water to drink and call your vet for further instructions.

Garlic and Onion

Many people are unaware of the dangers of feeding garlic and onions to their dogs. Both of these items are members of the Allium family and contain a substance called thiosulfate. When this substance is metabolized, it produces sulfurous oxide, leading to vomiting, diarrhoea, and anaemia in dogs. In severe cases, it can even be fatal. If you suspect your dog has ingested garlic or onions, it is essential to seek medical attention immediately. With prompt treatment, most dogs will recover from this potentially deadly condition.

Raisins and Grapes should not be put in your Puppy Feeder

Raisins and grapes may seem like healthy snacks for your dog, but in reality, they can be very dangerous. Both raisins and grapes contain toxins that can cause kidney failure in dogs. Even a tiny amount can lead to serious health problems and, in some cases, death.


Grape or raisin toxicity symptoms include vomiting, diarrhoea, lethargy, and abdominal pain. If you suspect your dog has eaten either of these fruits, it is essential to seek veterinary care immediately. Raisins and grapes may look harmless but can be deadly for dogs. Keep your furry friend safe by avoiding these dangerous fruits.

Dairy Products

Dairy products are an everyday staple in many human diets, but they can be dangerous for dogs. Dogs lack the enzymes necessary to break down lactose, the sugar found in milk and other dairy products. As a result, feeding your dog dairy products can lead to gastrointestinal distress, diarrhoea, and vomiting.


In some cases, it may also cause weight gain and pancreatitis. Dairy products also contain high levels of fat and cholesterol, which can contribute to obesity and heart disease. For these reasons, avoiding giving your dog any dairy products is best. You can find specially formulated dog foods that will provide all the nutrients your pet needs without any risks associated with dairy products.

Drinks and Sugary Foods should not be put in your Puppy Feeder

Dogs are always so enthusiastic about food. They seem to be able to smell it from a mile away and will do just about anything for a scrap from the table. However, as tempting as it may be to share our food with them, there are some things that we should never feed our dogs. Drinks and sugary foods are two of the biggest offenders. For one thing, dogs lack the enzymes necessary to break down sugars, which can cause gastrointestinal distress and lead to weight gain.


In addition, many sugary foods contain xylitol, a sweetener that is toxic to dogs and can cause serious health problems. As for drinks, caffeinated beverages can cause hyperactivity and restlessness in dogs, while alcoholic drinks can lead to liver damage and other serious health problems. So next time your dog gives you those pleading eyes during dinner, remember that some things are better left off the menu.

Macadamia Nuts

Macadamia nuts may be delicious, but they can be dangerous for dogs. These nuts contain a toxic compound that can cause vomiting, diarrhoea, and tremors. In severe cases, it can even lead to paralysis. Contact your veterinarian immediately if you suspect your dog has eaten macadamia nuts.


Symptoms usually appear within 12 hours of ingestion and can last several days. In the meantime, keep an eye on your dog and make sure they stay hydrated. With prompt treatment, most dogs make a full recovery. However, it’s best to err on the side of caution and avoid giving them these nuts in the first place.

Yeast Dough should not be put in your Puppy Feeder

When you make bread, you usually let the dough rise before baking it. This happens because yeast is a tiny microorganism that feeds on sugar and produces carbon dioxide gas. As the yeast eats, they produce gas bubbles that cause the dough to rise.


However, if you were to feed this dough to your dog, the yeast would continue to grow in their warm, moist intestines and produce even more gas. This could cause bloat – a potentially deadly condition in which the stomach becomes bloated with gas and twists itself. So while your dog may beg for a taste of your bread dough, it’s best to resist their puppy eyes and keep them away from the rising dough.